RambleGarden

A collection of my musings, angst, joys and sorrows, mostly for my own personal growth, but if anyone else can learn something, God bless.
********ON THE NIGHTSTAND(Books I'm currently reading)********
'The Gift' - Poetry by Hafiz
'Sudoku Puzzles' (I'm addicted!)

7/13/2002

******in the morning, after some sleep (shut up, loki!)*********

Feeling a bit displaced today. I wanted to build a case for our massive cd collection, but the first thing C says is, "If it's ugly can I say no?" What the hell am I supposed to say? "No, you can't refuse. I'm building this damn thing to correct an organization problem, and I want to do it. If you hate it, tough shit, it's my house, too." I feel no sense of ownership, no power to make decisions around here. Then she wants to know why I don't ever decorate, or unpack, or do serious cleaning. arrrg. I just wish she'd trust me to do something that won't suck. Now I don't even feel like doing it at all. The cd cases we have are not very well organized, she wants to put them on the wall. When I start to discuss the merits of a tower case (that's mobile) versus screwing things into the wall, she tells me she has a headache and really can't concentrate on planning. I'm sure she does have a headache, leftovers from thursday's migrane, but I always seem to pick migrane days to try to discuss things like this. I wonder what would happen if I just said what the hell and did it? Without permission? Ooh, the shivers!

The real hell of it is, I was nervous before I approached the topic, wanting to do it so she'd agree with me. Maybe I need to learn to compromise. . . but damnit, I want to be right, completely right, just once!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home