RambleGarden

A collection of my musings, angst, joys and sorrows, mostly for my own personal growth, but if anyone else can learn something, God bless.
********ON THE NIGHTSTAND(Books I'm currently reading)********
'The Gift' - Poetry by Hafiz
'Sudoku Puzzles' (I'm addicted!)

7/09/2002

I've run across this quote three times in different places in the past two days. I wonder at the significance . . .
**************
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly . . . who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails at least fails greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat.
Teddy Rosevelt
***************
Gotta ponder that . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home