RambleGarden

A collection of my musings, angst, joys and sorrows, mostly for my own personal growth, but if anyone else can learn something, God bless.
********ON THE NIGHTSTAND(Books I'm currently reading)********
'The Gift' - Poetry by Hafiz
'Sudoku Puzzles' (I'm addicted!)

7/14/2002

Thought for the day
*****************
From 'Wild At Heart by John Eldridge

Now you must understand: Forgiveness is a choice. It is not a feeling, but an act of the will. As Neil Anderson has written, "Don't wait to forgive until you feel like forgiving; you will never get there. Feelings take time to heal after the choice to forgive is made." We allow God to bring the hurt up from our past, for "if your forgiveness doesn't visit the emotional core of your life, it will be incomplete." We acknowledge that it hurt, that it mattered, and we choose to extend forgiveness (to the one who hurt us). This is not saying, "I probably deserved part of it anyway." Forgiveness says, "It was wrong, it mattered, and I release you."

**************************
Ok, I get it. ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home